Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wasting bagels

So for those of you who were locked in a cave, or cube for that matter and didn't happen to notice the weather yesterday, it was shitty outside. I mean, S-H-I-T-T-Y! I'm talking 45 degrees and rainy. Had I not utilized my rest day the day before, I wouldn't have felt so much self disgust with the fact that I did not run yesterday, there I said it. However, here are my excuses one by one:
1) The weather, it was miserable and there wasn't a stitch of dry fit clothing that was going to make me happy. I would have needed whale blubber to make running ok. Alright, so maybe 65% of that was an exaggeration but it was miserable out.

*Note- Either A) borrow Shaun Augeri's wet suit for future similar conditions or B) Drop some dollar bills at Lady Foot Locker like the balla I am.

2) I have been running ahead of schedule each night by at least a half mile, sometimes a mile and a half so this makes up for it right?

3) I busted my ass weight lifting on rest day. In my delusional point of view, this makes up for it.

4) My knee is still a little f-ed up and feels like its going to give out whenever I round out mile #2. I know this one is getting a little old, but remember, it was surgery, not a broken bone here. Plus I'm losing mobility, I can just tell and that freaks me out.

So now that I've numerically listed all the reasons why I'm a complete baby, its time to give this way of life up and suck it up, get my ass out there tonight and run those three miles with a smile on my face, and of course, mascara on my lashes! Its not going to be easy and no one said it was going to be, however, with the moral support of Amanda, my parents, and Stevey Augeri...I can do this, and I will.

Oh yeah, wait to go George for doing the G-bury 5K solo, I'm so proud.

1 comment:

Joe S said...

This blog effin' rocks and makes me want to run a marathon too. I guess I'll settle for my weekly kickball game for now, though...