Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The biggest (littlest) loser

Did about 3 miles last night easily. I originally didnt intend on running, but I DID intend on doing Exercise TV, so I figured Id get a bit limber and loosen up for the big event. Ive been having extreme back pain and have gathered that my core is weak and my legs and arms are strong. I mean, thats not hard to see. I have an extra xman muscle in my leg and I have an extra jelly donut in my belly- you do that math. This only half factual truth leaves me "weak cored". Im like a walking time bomb for disc slipping. Not really, Im not even sure I know what that means, but I am sure Im a walking time bomb for some sort of painful injury if I dont start really integrating strength exercises into my regime (as opposed to fake exercises, ie, taking the stairs, opening beers with my bare hands, reaching really high for cake batter mix, etc.)

Anyway, if you recall, my girl Cindy Whitmarsh from Exercise TV is usually the woman who administers the kicking of my ass, but to my avail, she was no where to be found! I plan on fully stalking out this situation a bit later on, but for the story's sake, all you need to know is that I settled on Jillian Michaels- who is the training coach for the Biggest Loser. I mean, shes allrighttttttt, her hair lacks luster and her jawline is no less than manly, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt.


That she-man kicked my ass! Seriously, Kevin called me post sesh and I had to keep switching hands because I couldnt even hold the phone up after those militaryesque freakin push ups she had me doing. Pathetic.

Anyway, Im sore today which was the point, and looking forward to my run tonight to hopefully leech some lactic acid out of these bad boys. I guess Im just wondering why I dont have a six pack yet though, what the F.

2 comments:

George said...

Boy - that Jillian Michaels is a handsome fellow...

Amanda said...

Ugh, she was even manlier last night! I think shes on the juice.