Friday, May 8, 2009

Runners never call the game.

About a year back I was inspired by a friend of mine who we will call Patrick Lesniak. (Identity not changed to enhance his already stellar reputation). Patrick decided that he was going to run the Boston Marathon, which many of you may know is at the end of April. I will give my fellow New Englander's a second for that to register.....

...."18 weeks, carry the 2... subtract 4....wait, a minute! That means they must train during the winter!"

You got it Seamus! I'll give you another second to process that one.

"Man that sucks. That must really freaking suck."

Yes. Yes it does. Now, I truly believe that I am a die hard little Nutmegger. Ill be the first to throw on my EMS gear and get into a one-on-one match with those little bitch snowflakes. I can take the cold. Pshh, if its cold, run faster, Right? But, I gotta draw the line when there's ice. I just don't do ice (unless its around my neck). Oh contraire for my boy Patrick over here on one winter day when he had to get 20 miles in. Schedule- not debatable- he bared the BLIZZARD of 2008 and god dammit he ran it! Wanna know what his reasoning was? Yeah it sucked, but if I can do that, I know can do anything. It cant get any worse than that.

God that's so badass. Anyways, ever since then I have sworn that I would never let the elements get in the way of a run. Which is why we ran in the POURING rain last night. In fact, took it a step further when Krystina and I faced the mean streets of Wesleyan in the midst of a statewide manhunt for an armed and dangerous killer. We studied the mug shot, practiced our ninja moves, and hit the streets. Man was that place a dead zone. Huh.

But yeah, as Krystina said below- Awesome run. Even more awesome hot shower. Taking tonight off as George and I have the Salmon River Run- 5.5mi tomorrow. Hope I dont fall on a pebble; Haven't ran on trail terrain in a while.

No comments: