Wednesday, May 13, 2009

NOT a great day to be an American

I am of course speaking about May 9th, the day of the Salmon River Run. I know all of you probably have Refresh Cramp in your little pointer finger, so Im going to give you what you want, but Im not going like it.

Salmon River Run. Ohhhhh Salmon River Run. Where do I begin. This is unarguably the WORST run of my entire life. This probably explains why I haven't blogged about it yet. It took a few days to reflect, except that I didnt reflect. I havent even thought about it since. This is of course the perfect venue to dig deep into my cerebellum, so lemme just lay back on this couch and play a little word association game.

Comstock Covered Bridge= Dragons
Race Director=Suede covered, patriotic, fife players
Air Quality=Oh my god.
Race Course=ugh.
DNR= yes please.

Actually, I dont even want to talk about it*. Basically there are good days and there are bad days. Rarely do I have a run that is complete agony the entire time, but holy shit, this race defined devil territory. At one point I hoped that oncoming Park Ranger traffic would hit me. Even if it was at 5 mi per hour.

Princess Krystina over here and I plan to do a run tonight. Hopefully It will be so EPIC that it will totally negate and erase this from my memory. Because I dont really have the money for hypnosis, but if I have to resort to fundraising I will. Im not too proud.

*But, if you really need deets, please refer to George's very accurate and detailed depiction of the day's events, HERE.

1 comment:

George said...

suck it up and get out there...