Friday, April 24, 2009

Stupid baby, Carbs are great!

I was going to comment on Amanda's blog but this certainly deserves a new post. First of all, don't be stupid Amanda, Carbs are the best thing ever invented and as a runner you need them! I unfortunately have made the same mistakes which includes substituting carbs in the afternoon with proteins. And I realize how much carbs I go through when its Wednesday and I've already eaten a dozen hard boiled eggs. Ok, that is an exaggeration, I only eat one or two a day but you get the idea. I definitely feel like I have more energy though and I feel ready to run whether I want to or not. I've also integrated leafy vegetables and high fiber fruits, I don't discriminate. Next step, weeding out the morning bagel for oatmeal but I'll be dammned if I give up that spoonful of PB that goes with my bagel, you'll get in there somehow oh glorious peanut butter.

Enough about the dieting, more about the physical training. If any of you are familiar with Family Guy then you're also familiar with the loveable character Joe Swanson. For you non-Family Guy followers, let me get you up to speed real quick. Joe Swanson is a handicapped police officer for the Pawtucket PD. He lost the use of his legs in an unfortunate encounter on Christmas eve with a grinch-like burglar. Nevertheless, Joe has maintained his upper body physique while simultaneously loosing his legs in the atrophy battle. In short, Joe is jacked on top, baby legs on bottom. I feel a close connection with this fictional, animated hero because I too am suffering from this same aliment at this time but in a more disproprotioned fashion. My right leg is beefy, muscular, and pretty damn hot in my opinion. My left leg looks like your grandmother's left leg minus the liver spots, wrinkles, and spider veins. Ugggh, I just grossed myself out. So here I am running like I have a peg leg while at the same time, trying not to use my popeye arms while I run to conserve energy...goddamn cartoon.

Catch the show, I'm running 2 miles in West Hartford around the center with my nugget Amanda.

*Note-if you think I'm weird for calling her a nugget, familiarize yourself with Chelsea Handler. She changed my life and I believe we were separated at birth.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You better not embarrass me tonight, Joe.