Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The life of an addict...a BioFreeze addict

Hi, my name is Krystina and I'm an addict. An addict of what, well from a clinical standpoint, many things I guess. I'm addicted to caffeine like any other red blooded American so I guess thats normal but tell me I can't have my after work martini or you take away The Real Housewives of New York City and we're going to have words, a shouting match even. Although the martini has recently been substitued for protein shakes (we'll save that for another entry) and the Housewives will eventually turn into a different reality show fad, my love for caffeine will never subside and nor will my new found addiction to BioFreeze. This A-MAZING product not only got me through the Hartford Half with a torn ACL, it also helped me through physical therapy and continues to hold me up through this whole trainig thing. Lets just put it this way, I was able to complete my 2 mile run last night without any problems and I don't even feel sore today. Now before I go off handing out free bottles outside the local gym let me explain that after I ran last night, I stretched and iced my knee...this shit doesn't work miracles, got that? What it does do is slightly numb the area applied to and gives me a sense of false hope that my knee is getting better faster than it really is. This may or may not be a bad thing. Either way, I love it and it loves me.

No comments: