Friday, April 24, 2009

Sesame Street is wrong. Veggies ARENT good for you.

Okay. So I did about 3 mi last night and then came home and sulked. In an attempt to cut about 50% of my carb intake out of my diet- so that I would eat more fruits and vegetables, Ive managed to... well, cut 50% of carbs out of my diet. Therefore, I was lethargic, weak and miserable. An ordinarily easy run ended up being pure agony. NOT how I wanted to start this record. No fear though. Im italian. Im sure I can think of SOME way to get more carbs in or around my mouth. If you want to be all Kate Moss about it, thats cool, but for athletes- carbs are your friend.

Anyway, as far as mileage, my goal right now is just maintenance. I should be able to run about 5mi comfortably before I start official training... which will be in about a month. We have a 5K on Sunday (Glastonbury River Run), so that will be fun. Anyway, here is the official schedule we will be using.

Week
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thur
Fri
Sat
Sun
rest 3 m run 3 m run 3 m run rest 6
cross
rest 3 m run 3 m run 3 m run rest 7
cross
rest 3 m run 4 m run 3 m run rest 5
cross
rest 3 m run 4 m run 3 m run rest 9
cross
rest 3 m run 5 m run 3 m run rest 10
cross
rest 3 m run 5 m run 3 m run rest 7
cross
rest 3 m run 6 m run 3 m run rest 12
cross
rest 3 m run 6 m run 3 m run rest 13
cross
rest 3 m run 7 m run 4 m run rest 10
cross
rest 3 m run 7 m run 4 m run rest 15
cross
rest 4 m run 8 m run 4 m run rest 16
cross
rest 4 m run 8 m run 5 m run rest 12
cross
rest 4 m run 9 m run 5 m run rest 18
cross
rest 5 m run 9 m run 5 m run rest 14
cross
rest 5 m run 10 m run 5 m run rest 20
cross
rest 5 m run 8 m run 4 m run rest 12
cross
rest 4 m run 6 m run 3 m run rest 8
cross
rest 3 m run 4 m run 2 m run rest rest
race

Fun right? I dont know how Im going to make it through the Mondays and Fridays.

2 comments:

Krystina said...

Did you purposely publish the picture of the thunder thighs or is that just a clever coincidence? God damn it Amanda, you're good, you're real gooooood!

Amanda said...

Ugh I love it!!

http://localizedkicks.files.wordpress.com/2006/03/thighs_ad.jpg