Monday, June 1, 2009

No, but seriously...

Game face? ON. Well, that's really my game back, but, anyways. These past few weeks, lets face it-- Ive kind of been screwing around. Running when I feel like running, not running when I dont feel like running, and generally just slacking. I mean, this was always the plan, so its not like Im going to punch myself repeatedly over it (like I recently saw in a disturbing episode of Intervention). Im sure people can see how it isnt hard to get sick of running. The New Balance commercial most accurately depicts this relationship in their new campain, which I feel is actually loosely based on my life. So, taking a break is natural and its absolutely necessary for what I have lined up for myself for the next couple months. Without a break I would probably quit running. And since I cant swim and hate bikes, that would pretty much leave me sedentary (minus the few occassional wii tourneys). Ive been actually pretty good about keep myself active and mixing it up so Im happy with myself for once. Anyway, the start of the official schedule (before it was modified to include an extra 6 weeks of "maintenance" running) starts either last week or this week, officially.

Yesterday, marked my first official run that I considered to be towards training- logging in at a little over 4mi. It was a pretty good run, and on a familiar route in Glastonbury and with a familiar running partner-- THE Hilary Felton-Reid. Hilary is my best friend, standby running partner, and who I trained for the past two Half Marathons with. We know eachother's running styles more than the back of our hands and I have my best runs with her. Anwyay, it was a very hot day and we were literally inhaling pollen. I was hungover and ate terribly the day before and wore my old sneakers. All of these factors sucked and a lot of the run sucked, but I finished and the miles are logged. All I care about at this point! Everything else can be fixed and modified. For instance, maybe next time dont take shots with everyone who suggests a shot. Dont wear your old half marathon, trodden streets "for old times sake", and do not eat high fatty, high calorie food just because it will make a dent in your hangover.

Rookie mistakes.

Here is whats coming up this week. I think Im going to jump ahead a week and count mile 4 as Week 8. Ya know, because I can.

Monday: REST
Tuesday: 3mi
Wednesday: 5mi
Thursday: 3mi
Friday: REST
Saturday: 6mi
Sunday: CROSS

2 comments:

George said...

Fight thru the pain, sister! 129 days and counting!!

Amanda said...

YUP!