Monday, June 8, 2009

What Hilary wants, Hilary gets.

This just in! Literally! Timestamp: Like 5 seconds ago. After long deliberation, Hilary has decided that she is going to train for the full marathon! How great. One catch though. Nothing is ever easy with Hilary, there is always a catch.

"I was thinking about maybe wanting to train for the full marathon though, but maybe not hartford, maybe somewhere else more fun and more motivating?"

Apparently, the Hartford is not motivating enough for her. I dont see why not? The course takes us right through the scenic capitol city; leaving no dilapidated or non-occupied buildings to the imagination. Drug deals and spanglish beckoning... half naked, blue bandana'ed children parading about the street. What's not to love?

Im hesitant about this for a few reasons. Most of which involve the lack of poster board signage and cheering section that would be present in another state. It would be fun to go somewhere else, though. Conundrum! Here are a few races I pulled up. Thoughts?

Baltimore Running Festival, Baltimore, MD 10-10
Marine Corps Marathon, Arlington, VA 10-25

A
mica Marathon, Newport, RI 10-18
Manchester City Marathon and Half Marathon, Manchester, NH

Philadelphia Marathon, Philadelphia, PA 11/22
**Hilarys choice

In other news. I decided to 'play it smart, kid', and took the later part of last week off. I made my triumphant return to the streets last night when I laced up the streets for a short 40 min run. I put a proverbial cherry on top of THAT sundae with 30 min of yoga. The time off was well spent and the right decision. My legs were strong and my energy was back. The yoga (more like timed stretching for this rookie) was also very helpful to try to ameloriate some of my leg tension and back pain. All was good in the hood until Ms. Hilary decided that we absolutely HAD to play tennis.

NOT good in the good. Tennis ordinarily hurts my back the first few times back on the courts, so it was to be expected. I knew it was the wrong decision, but... have you not learned from the blog title or subtext? What Hilary wants, Hilary gets! Part of me was just thinking 'welp, it already hurts, why not throw a couple more kinks and knots back there'. That I did. I plan on taking tonight off, but doing more yoga because I think its really going to help me. Plus any excuse to buy absolutely necesary nike embossed athletic gear for my new found sport.

In other news. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GEORGGGEEEE. Happy Birthday to GEORGE! You look like a runnerrrr, and you smell like one TOO. No, really. Ever heard of deoderant? I kid, I kid. Happy Holidays fellow friend, runner, and blog follower! I hope you have the greatest day ever and that it is made all the sweeter by a long, lively, libation-filled time with your family tonight!

1 comment:

George said...

Thank you Lady A! You can always throw in the NYC Marathon which I think is either 11/1 or 11/10 . If you two decide to do a November race, I'm in for the back to back marathons in October and November. If im actually gonna go through this whole training charade I might as well do two. Those BDay e-cards are hilarious. Take it easy on the back. Is Hilary running in a Sundress and heels?